World Cup 2006 - Lets Celebrate The Game!
World Cup 2006 (June-July) Baby Boom
There’s one phenomenon associated with the World Cup and the always-enterprising business circles looking very much forward to. The resulting baby boom 9 months after the euphoria and excitement had long died down. The thesis was that when one’s supported team won their match, the ensuing excitement would rub on one’s partner and it’s not hard to guess, that would instantly create just the right mood to make babies. Thus, the baby boom phenomenon. To comprehend how this phenomenon affecting the baby products business, read below excerpt from a leading online parenting community in UK, http://www.bounty.com.
World Cup Baby Boom Predicted
The accuracy of the prediction cannot be judged until next March and April, when the 10,000 expected extra babies will be due. In the year following the 2002 World Cup, 30,000 more babies were born than the previous year, according to the Office for National Statistics. Couples lucky enough to become mums and dads next spring will be hoping their new babies don't cry as much as England's players did last weekend, or they'll never get any sleep.Mamamia!! Imagine how many extra babies for the 2006 Champions, Italy if we consider 10, 000 extra babies just for England 3 wins!
The Nausea & The Vomiting
Due to certain circumstances, I’ve been able to watch almost the entire world cup matches live. And by the end of it, I’ve developed symptoms of nausea and vomiting, not unlike the morning sickness as confirmed by other half when I described it to her. Yan, in jest remarked maybe she’s conceiving as there were quite a few cases where the hubby would have the morning sickness during the wife pregnancy.
The most likely explanation however was that I had gastric ulcer. For almost the whole month during the world cup, I’ve had irregular meals and maybe that upset my stomach, triggering the symptoms. To lessen it, I have to eat whenever my stomach is empty or else the queasiness, and I can only have small meals. A bit more, then I would puke it out almost immediately.Baby Inside!
By the end of July, Yan was almost 7 weeks late, which was not surprising since she has had her moments of irregular periods. However this time, she was quite certain something was happening and sure enough, when she went to the clinic and did the pregnancy test, she scored 2 clear blue strips out of three! A week later, scan test picture showed the new baby in foetus form clinging to the womb’s wall.
It was still too early though to tell whether Pie & Sara would have a baby brother or sister. By the way, they are aware there’s a baby in their mum’s tummy and still quite puzzled how the baby got inside there! They just know married couple would have babies and already Pie has a name for it, Z. Yeah, just plain Z. When I asked why Z, he told me that name came from one of the characters in the Power Rangers series.
Is our third baby among the thousands of world cup baby boom? I don’t know but one sure thing, I did score during the Germany World Cup 2006. And it will be another 7 months before we can celebrate it like Brazillians Bebeto and Co did in World Cup 1994!How Home Pregnancy Kits Work?
I was wondering how this great invention can give instant results that could lead either to extreme panic, heart-felt relief or tremendous excitement. Below is the excerpt from Google search which I find useful and informative. Happy reading & Happy testing..
" Home pregnancy tests can detect the presence of a pregnancy hormone (called human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG) in a sample of urine. High levels of hCG are produced during pregnancy. The home tests produce similar results to the pregnancy tests done on urine in most health professionals' offices if they are used exactly as instructed.

When a woman becomes pregnant, the egg usually is fertilized by a sperm cell in a fallopian tube (conception). Within 9 days after fertilization , the egg moves down the fallopian tube into the uterus and attaches (implants) to the wall of the uterus. When the fertilized egg implants, the placenta starts to develop and begins to release hCG into the woman's blood. Some of this hCG also gets passed in her urine. In the first few weeks of pregnancy, the amount of hCG in the urine rises rapidly, doubling every 2 to 3 days.
A first morning urine sample (that has accumulated in the bladder overnight) provides the most accurate test results."

3 Comments:
u jantan or wat? apa ini - test 4 hamil? wat next? test for ed lah?
Ayyo Botak, don't be too sexist lah. After all, you are married to a woman, don't you??
why no update? busy ah?
Post a Comment
<< Home