Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Of Dragon and the Sacrificial Goat..

The Drama

While Yan was in the delivery room and had yet to deliver, the doc would almost hourly checked the "opening" to start the "push". We've been waiting for that positive mark for hours. Later, the doc administered an injection to induce labour. Accordingly, Yan should be able to give birth within one to two hours. Almost 2 hours later, still no significant progress. Then the doc dropped the bombshell; Yan possibly have to be C-sectioned. He would wait for 15 minutes more before making the call. Minutes passed, and the doc punctually came and assessed the situation. " Let's wait for another 15 minutes and we'll see how". It ( the 15 minutes wait) went on and on until Yan safely delivered normally. Phew!!

The Promise ( "Nazar" ) Behind the Scene.

As Yan was having her "jihad", I asked for divine intervention for my wife and the unborn baby well-being and made a promise(nazar) . I promised to have a goat sacrificed and the meat sent for the orphans if Yan hadn't have to be C-sectioned and deliver the baby safely. You might think what a lame offer it was, but as desperate father-to-be in desperate situation, that's the only reasonable thing I could think of. Or maybe I'm a little bit of old-school kind of guy.

There you have it. Almost four years later, I finally made good of my promise. Why it took so long? That 1001 lame excuses again! Thankfully, God Almighty gave me the opportunity and long life to serve Him. Some time in 2004 I bought a goat, had it slaughtered, picked up the processed meat and sent it to an orphanage just nearby the Seri Menanti Palace, Kuala Pilah. I think it was just enough for one serving to the whole 50 orphans there! (Note: This orphanage could do with some help as their secluded location deprived them the donations badly needed).

For others who could be facing similar situations, don't go for goats, sheeps, cows or anything like that. My advice is better have it in cash term as it would be more flexible and importantly more useful to the orphanage homes as they can use it for their other urgent needs. For information, we bought the goat for around RM350 and paid another RM50 to have it slaughtered and processed.

Millions thank to my sister, her hubby and family in Kuala Pilah for their help and perseverance in facilitating me to perform the "nazar". They dealt with the goat keeper and found just the right orphanage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home